Iowa Native Plant Society Previously Funded Restore Iowa! Grants
These grants award $1000 to engage Iowa's youth in innovative ecological restoration efforts.
- Jennifer Stoffel, Upper Iowa University (Fayette, IA), $1,000, “Management of university owned prairie remnant used for conservation and plant research and instruction.”
- Ann Burns (Jackson County Conservation Board), "Working with at-risk high school students (My Community, My Future Summer Youth Corps) on woodland restoration and plant identification" - $1000
- Nancy Forrest (For Lands Sake! landowners association), "Signage to educate the public about ongoing woodland restorations" - $300
- Mike Todd (Ames High School, work to be done on Ames Prairie), "Students Engaging Other Students in Prairie Restoration" - $1000
- Jake Hart (Johnson County Heritage Trust, based in Iowa City), "Pappy Dickens Preserve [Savanna] Timber Restoration" - $1000
- Beverly Grindeman-Adams (Metro Alternative High School) and Jean Wiedenheft (Indian Creek Nature Center), Cedar Rapids, "High School Students Restore a Bog at Indian Creek Nature Center" - $1000