Iowa Native Plant Society Grant Information
INPS offers two grants:
- Small Grants Program (since 2005) - grants aiding with land acquisition; inventory, restoration, and management of native remnants; native plant research; and training and education.
- Restore Iowa! (since 2011) - grants for involving youth in ecological restoration efforts. This is aimed at getting more young people out and working to restore nature in Iowa.
For more information on each grant type and how to apply, use the links on the left.
INPS is proud of its grants. From 2005 through 2014, INPS has awarded about $15,600 to a total of 24 projects. Funding broke down in this way:
- Land acquisition projects: 2 grants, $2250 total
- Inventory, restoration, management projects: 9 projects, about $7600 total
- Research projects: 11 projects, about $5500 total
- Training and education projects: 2 projects, $500
From 2012 through 2014, three Restore Iowa! grants were awarded for a total of $3000.
For more information on each type of grant and how to apply, use the links on the left. We encourage you to apply for a grant. If you don't find what you need on this website, or have questions about the applicability of your project or the grant guidelines, contact INPS grant manager Connie Mutel (firstname.lastname@example.org).