INPS offers two grants:
- Small Grants Program (since 2005) - grants dedicated to land acquisition; inventory, restoration, and management of native remnants; native plant research; and training and education.
- Restore Iowa! (since 2011) - grants for involving youth in ecological restoration efforts. This is aimed at getting more young people out and working to restore nature in Iowa.
For more information on each grant type and how to apply, use the links on the right.
INPS is proud of its Small Grants. From 2005 through 2020, INPS has awarded about $35,170 to a total of 49 projects. Funding broke down in this way:
- Land acquisition projects: 3 grants, $3,500 total
- Inventory, restoration, management projects: 22 projects, about $20,600 total
- Research projects: 15 projects, about $7,850 total
- Training and education projects: 13 projects, $3,220
From 2012 through 2020, 11 Restore Iowa! grants were awarded for a total of $9,342.
We encourage you to apply for a grant. If you don't find what you need on this website, or have questions about the applicability of your project or the grant guidelines, contact INPS grant manager Connie Mutel (firstname.lastname@example.org).